Debbie Petty, 66, of Bolivar, passed away Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at Bolivar General Hospital.
Ms. Petty was born in Jackson, TN, Saturday, February 20, 1954 to Adolphus Lee "Doc" and Martha Ann Jones Grace. A graduate of Bolivar Central High School, Class of 1972, she lived most of her life in Hardeman County. She was the most patient person, having had many challenges and triumphs in her life, always surrounded by love. She loved to cook and granddaughter Kindle is proud to say she taught her to cook as well. Ms. Petty worked with Linda Fulghum and then with the Hardeman County Schools as a therapist for many years.
Survivors include a daughter Melissa Russell of Bolivar; two sons, Jeremy Deming of Santa Maria, CA and Justin Petty of Bolivar; a sister, Teresa Clement of Corinth, MS; four grandchildren, Isak Deming, Kindle Russell, Kilee Russell and Layla Petty and a niece, Valerie Fuoco. She was preceded in death by her parents.
While visiting or attending services for Ms. Petty, please consider the following guidelines:
* The family requests masks be worn at all times;
* Maintain 6 feet between yourself and the next closest person;
* Refrain from hugs and handshakes;
* When you sneeze or cough, use your elbow to cover your nose and mouth;
* Wash your hands often;
* Avoid touching your face; and
* Minimize time spent in places where people gather.